Export Development Fund (EDF), is a development financial institution whose objective is to increase the productive capacity of the country through provision of finance, guarantees, equity participation and advisory service. EDF therefore invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to feel the position of Legal Officer tenable at its offices in Lilongwe.
- Providing legal advice to the Fund.
- Drafting legal documents
- Representing the Fund in courts of Law
- Managing contracts
- Drawing security documents and obtaining consent where necessary; as well as stamping and registering EDF security documents to adequately secure all financing.
- Enforcing security held to recover debts for/on behalf of the Fund.
- Conveyancing of real property for the Fund.
- Supervising Property Management and deceased Estate Management
Interested applicants should be holders of a degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university plus licence to practice as a lawyer in Malawi with at least three (3) years’ experience as a legal practitioner in a busy and reputable company. Those with experience in a similar role from financial institutions will have an added advantage. The applicants should demonstrate high levels of confidence, decisiveness, results-oriented, honesty and of high ethical standards.
The Managing Director
Export Development Fund,
First Floor, Pamodzi House, Presidential Way Drive,
P O box 30063,